Art Masterpiece volunteer responsibilities
If you would like to become an Art Volunteer at Rancho Santa Fe please e-mail Teena D'Archangelo and Jessica Zaragoza at email@example.com. Please include your name, teacher who you are volunteering for, phone number and email address.
- Attend training sessions given by the Art Masterpiece Coordinators. Art Masterpiece training will be given in September and Clay training will be given in October and February depending on grade level.
- Attend Art Masterpiece training through the Phoenix Art Museum. (This training is recommended but not required.)
- Exchange contact information with teacher and schedule a date and time that works to for the both of you to come and teach.
- Total volunteer time is 2-3 hours once a month. One hour in the classroom teaching and one hour gathering supplies, cleaning-up and hanging art work.
- Arrive in class at the scheduled time.
- Contact the teacher to reschedule or make alternative arrangements if you cannot make it to teach Art Masterpiece class on a scheduled day.
- Do any preparation for projects ahead of time.
- Communicate with Art Coordinators if you notice if supplies are low or you need anything special for your project we don't currently have.
- Bring any art supplies and handouts needed for the art lesson into the classroom.
- Lead the class in learning about an artist or group of artist and works of art.
- Demonstrate and show how to proceed with the project.
- Handout necessary supplies for the art project.
- Help answer any questions and guide the students.
- Encourage students to be creative, while sticking to the lesson plan.
- Clean up the classroom area, collect all art supplies, and return all items brought to class back to the art room.
- Display the children’s artwork outside of the classroom.
- Help put up one assigned class project for the Art Fair in April.